Monday, February 1, 2010


That's What Friends are For By Valeri Gorbachev
This book was just adorablw. It was about a pig and goat whoare best friends and who are there for each other. It not only puts a smile on yoru face but sends a good message about being there for your friends.
One thing that I noticed is that there is a good rhythm that goes with the book almost like the melody to a song. That makes for a good read. The pictures were also big and bold that rolled over the pages sort of like the way the words of the book were also. Another thing I liked was the little bit of humor used at the end when goat finds out that pig was crying because he was cutting onions so goats cries too when he cuts the onions with pig. I love when there is a little humor in a book because I think it's always important to keep a smile on a kids face and if I smiled at it, I know you child would like it. Yet another thing that I noticed was that the characters weren't the "traditional" ones you think of. They were both older and one was a goat and one was a pig. So far in m reading I haven't encountered too many older characters in children's books.
I personally could relate to this book because when goat sees pig crying his mind goes in a million directions about what could be wrong and it turns out to me nothing. I think all of us do that, especially girls haha. When something isn't just right I know I let my mind think of a million things that could have gone wrong and it is never as bad as you make it out to be in your head.

No comments:

Post a Comment