Wednesday, January 27, 2010


My Brother by Anthony Browne
I thought that this book was just ok. I thought it was great how the boy looked up to his older brotheras a positive rold model. To me it became repetitive and I wouldn't want to read it out loud. Also, a big part of me liking and chosing books to read is I ask myself it is something that I could read over again and this was NOT one of them. However I think a child might like to read it. I did like the end where the little brother realizes that he too is cool like his brother.
On the idea about positive role models I think that with all the media we are surronding by and celebrity images it is hard to pick unrealistic people to look up to and create an illusion of what real life is like. Family is always important and so are siblings. You look up to your older sibilig. My little brother and sister would copy just about everything I did or they want to be included in it. Today my parents tell me that my sister who is a freshman in high school still looks up to me and that I need to set a good example. Soo what I am saying is that having role models or being one is a big reasonability.

No comments:

Post a Comment