Thursday, January 21, 2010


Sheila Rae The Brave by Kevin Henkes

This book was one that I remembered from when I was little so I was excited to read it again. Sheila Rae, the main character, is a little mouse who is not scared of anything until one day she gets lost. Then the brave little mouse must remember how to be brave again and she realizes that it's ok to ask for help and the help even comes from her "scaredy-cat" little sister.

I think this book is a fabulous book for young readers (3-8). It has great illistrations and I enjoyed the way it was written. I also think that it has a good message for the readers. It shows children to be strong, especially girls since the main character is a girl. It also shows a family in a positive light because in this story it just so happens that the little sister Louise is the one that saves the day and gets Sheila Rae back home safely. I would recommend this book for parents and teachers. It also can come with a fun CD for your computer which is fun because it changes up how the kids read. They can hear it out loud and they can play games with the characters from the book as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment