Tuesday, February 9, 2010


Ella of Course! writeen by Sarah Weeks Illustrated by Doug Cushman
This book is about a cute little piggy who is a great problem solver and she LOVES her new umbrella. She takes it every where even when it is not raining. She keeps opening it and closing it and sometimes this causes some problems for Ella. Ella doesn't want to leave her umbrella so she comes up with a solution.
This book is going to be for kindergarteners. The pictures are what make the book and really tell the story of just how much trouble Ella gets into. The words don't say Ella hit over peanut butter instead you have to look down at the picture to see what she is doing.
I like how this book is a fun read that shows how you can problem solve. It wouldn't be one that I would keep in a classroom but it could be on a reading list for my students.
The covers gives the impression that this is going to be a girly book and it is. It is bright pink (which you cannot see here) Ella wears a pink polka dotted dress and the inside covers are baby blue. This is not a book that would ever interst a boy. The final problem is about Ella and her dance recital.
This reminds me of when I was little because I think that evert child has 1 thing that they refuse to let go of no matter where they go. For me it was my little blanket. I recently came across it while moving and still seems just as special today. No worries though, I don't keep it at school or take it where ever I go. I think a good book is relatable to the reader and I think this is one that a lot of little girls can relate to.

No comments:

Post a Comment