Sunday, February 21, 2010


My Mom is Trying to Ruin my Life by Kate Keiffer
This book is about a little girl who thinks that her parents are ruining her life so she tries to come up with a plan about how she can escape from her parents. All she can think about is what could go wrong and how she might need her mom to help her out. Then she thinks that if she does get away from her parents and she comes home for dinner but there wont be any and if she is going to bed no one will be there for her either. She in the end changes her mind and decides that she loves her parents.
This story is definatly relatable to all kids because they ALL get annoyed with their parents every once and a while but at the end of the days we all need our parents there for us. The book has a bright pink and lime green themese to it which I sort of liked for little girls. The front of the book is bright pink and lime green and white. The mom wears a pink dress with green belt and the girl wears a green dress with pink belt.
The story is written very cutely too because it flows really well. I felt that at certian points I was speeding up my reading to match the tone of the story which I liked a lot. Also, there are parts where the ways that mom and dad ruin her life are listed and they are distinguished by big and bold font which was cool. The pictures are pretty basic but I like them. You don't need very busy illustrations to make this book good.

No comments:

Post a Comment