Wednesday, March 31, 2010


jin woo is a heartwarming book about what happens to a family when they get a new baby from Korea. It talks about the stuggles it takes for the little boy to adjest to someone new in his home. The reason that I liked this book is because it focused on the how the little boy was going to feel becoming a big brother and all the changes he would have to make. He didn't like having the baby until he held him and started to learn more about the little guy. He becames a real central part of his life. my favorite part of the book was at the end when the parents read a little that was supposed to be written from his little brother about how happy he was and how he knew that would become good friends.
This book is just great. it does have a lot of text to it which is ok for this book. I didn't care much for the pictures but i was drawn in by the story line. I love this to use as a resource for families that are adopting. I think that it can be hard for some and easy for others. I know a family that the partens have 2 adopted kids and 2 that are not. So this story got my thinking about how it makes each of the children feel. I wont if they feel different towards each other or their parents at all because of this. I also wonder whena good age is to address this. I think that this book made me want to go and look more into this topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment