Thursday, March 18, 2010


I must say that I almost teared up reading this book. It as VERY personal to me. We just recently moved out of our lake avenue home which was built by my dad. It was our dream home. But we are all growing up and it was time to move away. This book is another dedication to something other than a person, her childhood home on lake street (ironic!). The book uses all 5 senses to bring to life what makes a home special. It starts off by emphasizing that a home is made by the important things on the inside. This was a calming thought to me because the move was very hard on our family and we have to remind ourselves of just this fact.
The pictures in this book are to die for. There is so much detail I coudln't even describe one page. This also reminds me of my own home. There are certian things that stand out to us in each room. Like in the book is was a green refrigerator. I remember the stone tiled wall behind the stove. There are alos so many personal objects. If I were to write this book about m home, Sally fish our candy jar would stand out. She was bought for me when I was really little and I guess I named her Sally the fish. This was shortened to sally fish but she has stuck with us all these years. She has been dropped and crack open and super glued back together because we can't give her up. The whole story brought back memories like this from that home.
When I read this book it took me at least 1/2 an hour because I was staring at the pictures and absorbing the words. This is one of my favortie books by far that I have read this semester. It is one that I plan on having in my own personal collection. Every child will be able to relate to this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment