Tuesday, March 30, 2010


Our library is about a group of animals that want to save their library before it gets closed forever. To find out what they can learn, they read a variety of books they found in the library. They end up raising money and finding other locations for the library to be.
I really wasn't a fan of the plot to be honest. I do like Eve Bunting a lot but not this book. On a positive note, it sent a good message on how important having a library and books are to reading and learning.
I loved the pictures. they are very bright and playful. They are also very detailed. I found myself looking at the pictures more than the rest of the book but that was ok because I liked those better.
This book made me think of my library back home. I remember being so excited the days when my mom took me to the library. I wanted to get enough point to advnaced on the reading board and get a prize. We would go all the time and I couldn't imagine not having that place in my life. It would be a shame for any child to grow up and not have a library.

No comments:

Post a Comment