Tuesday, March 30, 2010


Bunny Bungalow is a book about a bunny family that finds a perfect home for them to live in and they make it their own. It takes them through a day in their life almost and how bunnies do things. It personified bunnies because everything they did was like people and how they did them. They played with dolls, had picnicks, took baths in bath tubs, and slept in beds. It was very cute because bunnies are such an innocent little animal that it makes this book a "soft read" it is just something nice I could see being read to a child at bed time.
It is funny to me to read a bunny book because when I was little bunny was the first animal word that I had learned so my mom tells me that I would call every animal bunny. that een stuck to one of my toys. my grandma got me a very very cute stuffed animal raccoon and I called it bunny and so that stuck. So i have a stuffed animal names bunny. haha.
I very much like Hayashi's illustartions in this book. They look like water colors with lines. They are sweet and soft just like the book itself. I also like the imagination used because they made a bunny version for every household item like the weather vein is a carrot and they played with little baby bunnies for their dolls. It was very nice. They were also somewhat detailed pictures. not too simple and not so overhelingly detailed so that you focused your attention both on the story and the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment