Monday, April 5, 2010


Louise the Big Cheese and the La-di-da Shoes is an adorable book about a little girl who wants sparkly, shiney, patent leather shoes but her mom won't let her get them because they are impractical. Her best friend gets a pair and she gets really jealous until she learns that they hurt her feet and gets the two of them in trouble for fighting.
This book is very relatable to little girls because we all have that one thing that we want and our mom won't let us get it and we think that is the end of the world as we know it. But usually, mom is right and once the trend passes its ok and you didn't die and you still have friends. I remember that with gel pens. they were these glitter pens in a bunch of colors but they cost like $4 each. GIrls had them in a million colors but my mom wouldn't let me get them. Finally she did when I did really well in a swimming race and I still remember her say "are you sure you want these?" Now I remember using them and feeling really cool but that trend lasted a few months and I still feel bad today for having my mom spend so much money on pens that we couldn't even write in class with.
This is a very girly book. All the pictures are very, very pink. It is written very cute as well. There is a lot of la-di-da, hootie-tootie, and oh-la-la phrases which makes it ccute. There is also a lot of dialogue that accompanies the story line which is fun to read. It is in a curly text which also makes it cute.
I think that this is a real fun read for girls and moms and I saw that there was some more books with louise and the big cheese so I want to read that one to see what "the big cheese" means. I think it has something to do with being a big deal and someone a bunch of little girls look up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment